Some clothes are very delicate for washing on your own. A washing machine can damage some fine details like embroidery, and the incorrect water temperature can lose the sensitive material to spoil its shape. So, most people take them to the dry cleaners to preserve those sensitive clothes. A Drycleaner in Wollongong will ensure your clothes stay in excellent condition for a long life.
Here are some best practices you should know when visiting a dry cleaner to get the most effective results.
1. Check the tags available on your garments when you bought them–
The label contains all specific instructions to treat your clothing correctly. If you don’t follow these instructions exactly, it could damage your expensive apparel. Although many dry cleaners already have the expertise to handle such clothes, these labels will ensure they clean the garments exactly as they should be. These tags are necessary to ensure your clothing gets proper care during the dry cleaning process.
2. Take stained apparel to the dry cleaners quickly if possible-
If you take stained clothes to the dry cleaners as soon as possible, it will make it much easier to remove the stain. The stained garments are exposed to air, light, and heat for a long time, the stain will get much more difficult to get rid of. Always inform the dry cleaners what material stained your clothes so they can provide the best treatment.
3. Regularly dry clean your clothes-
If you allow dust, grease, or sweat to develop on your garments, they will not last long, and their appearance will also be affected. Before moving to the dry cleaner, collect all the clothes that should be taken. Most people tend to overlook garments such as curtains, throw pillows, duvets, and jackets.
4. Firstly know about your dry cleaner-
Please spend some minutes with them after taking your garments. A small conversation can avoid confusion or issues later. It is important to know details such as whether they offer drop off services or you will have to pick up the clothing yourself. You can also learn about if there are any deals or offers that may not have been advertised online.
5. Store your clothes fully covered by allowing some airflow-
If you store your suits in a plastic or airtight cover, it can cause discolouration, or mould can develop on them. Using a breathable cloth/cover can protect your suit from dust and dirt particles, which will also extend its life.
Dry Cleaning Mistakes To Avoid
There are some mistakes you should avoid during dry cleaning to make sure your clothes do not damage. Check out this list of don’ts you should take into consideration while dry cleaning.
- Do not choose a conventional cleaner for your suits because mostly they use perchloroethylene (PERC) as a solvent to remove stains. As this chemical is not viscous like water, so it is good to take away oil-based stains. But PERC is lethal as it has carcinogenic properties, and some residue stays there in the clothes. So, to avoid exposing yourself and your clothes to dangerous chemicals, always opt for an eco-friendly dry cleaner.
- If you have got stains on an article, do not press them to squeeze off the stain. Pressing will produce heat, and it will get complicated to remove that stain. Take your clothes to the dry cleaners because they have experience in treating all types of stains.
- After picking up your knitted clothes from the dry cleaners, avoid hanging them. Hanging will draw out thread from your knitted clothes and spoil their shape. Also, it will cause sagging hemlines, and it will not remain in good condition when you wear them next time. It will be best if you store your knitted clothes on a shelf or in a drawer.
- Do not stock up seasonal garments at home without dry cleaning and mothproofing them, as it will not only damage your clothes but also reduce their lifespan. Make sure to put the storage boxes in a cool and dry place.
- Do not take heavy bundles of clothes in baskets to the dry cleaners. If you have a lot of clothes, you can call a dry cleaning agent to pick up your clothes and drop them off at your place after cleaning.
- Do not apply any stain removers at home. Whether they are tested or untested on your clothing, it will only worsen the condition or cause lasting damage. So going to a dry cleaner will be the best decision to help you out.
- If you have accidentally dropped nail polish on your apparel, never try to rub it off with the help of a nail polish remover. It can destroy the garment’s dye permanently, and if the clothes are acetate, applying a remover may make a hole in them.
- After dry cleaning clothes, do not hang them in your closet immediately. Since chemicals are used in dry cleaning, those garments could have lasting traces of the chemicals or a strong chemical odour. If you store freshly dry cleaned clothes in the closet without keeping them in the open air, it will cause the chemical’s residue and smell to remain there. The residue chemical may not cause irritation on your skin, but the smell will make it unpleasant to wear those clothes.
- Do not choose dry cleaning for your synthetic fabrics, such as nylon, polyester, or spandex. You can wash these fabrics at home easily in warm water because they will not shrink and simply hang them to dry.
- Do not dry clean your suit repeatedly. Dry cleaning too often will wear it out and damage it.
When you are now aware of these dry cleaning aspects, you’ll never make any mistake to damage your clothes. At Laundrowash Drycleaner in Wollongong, we take care of your clothes to keep them new and shiny. Also, we provide free pickup and delivery in nearby areas.
Disclaimer: This is a generic Information & post; content about the services can be changed from time to time as per your requirements and contract. To get the latest and updated information, contact us today or visit our website.